San Rafael Aggravated DUI Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Aggravated DUI Charges in California
At Chambers Defense, we specialize in providing expert legal defense for clients facing aggravated DUI charges in California. An Aggravated DUI is a serious offense with severe consequences. Having a skilled and experienced legal team on your side is crucial to navigating the complexities of California's legal system. Our seasoned attorneys are well-versed in defending clients against these charges and are committed to protecting your rights and interests.
Call Chambers Defense today at (415) 423-2828 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our aggravated DUI attorney in San Rafael!
What is an Aggravated DUI in California?
In California, a standard DUI (Driving Under the Influence) charge is operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or higher. However, an Aggravated DUI is a more severe form of this offense, and it typically involves one or more of the following aggravating factors:
- Multiple DUI Offenses: A subsequent DUI charge is considered an Aggravated DUI if you have prior DUI convictions within the last ten years. The penalties for repeat offenses are much more severe.
- Excessive BAC: Operating a vehicle with an exceptionally high BAC, typically exceeding 0.15%, can lead to an Aggravated DUI charge. This demonstrates a higher level of impairment and is treated more seriously.
- Injury or Death: If your DUI results in an accident causing injury or death to another person, you may face an Aggravated DUI charge, which can carry substantial penalties.
- Child Endangerment: Driving under the influence with a minor in the vehicle can elevate your DUI charge to an Aggravated DUI, as it endangers the safety and well-being of a child.
- Reckless Driving: Combining reckless driving behaviors, such as excessive speed, aggressive driving, or running red lights, with DUI can lead to an Aggravated DUI charge.
An Aggravated DUI is a serious legal matter, and it's crucial to understand the specific circumstances that led to the charge to build a strong defense.
The consequences of an Aggravated DUI conviction in California can be severe and life-altering. These penalties can include:
- License Suspension: Your driver's license may be suspended for an extended period, particularly for multiple DUI convictions.
- Jail or Prison Time: Aggravated DUI convictions often result in longer incarceration, especially if multiple offenses, injury, or death are involved.
- Fines: You may face substantial fines, and the financial burden of an Aggravated DUI can be significant.
- Probation: Probation terms may be strict, including mandatory alcohol education programs, ignition interlock device installation, and regular check-ins with a probation officer.
- Civil Lawsuits: If your DUI results in injury or death, you may also face civil lawsuits from the affected parties, potentially leading to substantial financial liabilities.
- Criminal Record: An Aggravated DUI conviction can have a lasting impact on your criminal record, making it challenging to secure employment and housing in the future.
- Increased Insurance Costs: Your auto insurance rates will likely skyrocket, making it difficult to afford coverage.
Defending against these penalties requires an experienced attorney who can review your case, challenge evidence, and work to minimize or dismiss the charges against you.
Contact Our San Rafael Aggravated DUI Attorney Today
An Aggravated DUI charge in California is a serious matter with potentially life-altering consequences. It's imperative to seek the assistance of an experienced and dedicated legal team to protect your rights and interests. At Chambers Defense, our attorneys have a proven track record of successfully defending clients against Aggravated DUI charges. We understand the complexities of the California legal system and are committed to providing you with the best possible defense.
Contact Chambers Defense today to schedule a consultation with our aggravated DUI lawyer in San Rafael!